CALL FOR FELLOWSHIP APPLICATIONS
3 FELLOWSHIPS FOR A RESEARCH STAY AT LEIPZIG UNIVERSITY (GERMANY)
The Faculty of Social Sciences and Philosophy, Institute of Political Science welcomes
you to apply for a 1 to 2 months research stay as a visiting fellow in 2023.
In an interdisciplinary research group consisting of Prof Dr Astrid Lorenz, 3 postdocs, 2
doctoral students and 5 research assistants, we investigate rule of law perceptions in East Central Europe. More specifically, we examine the extent to which the rule of law
perceptions present in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania
represent particular national paths, recent conflicts between politics and the judiciary and peculiarities of post-socialist transformation and European integration. To this end, we bring together expertise from regional studies and disciplinary approaches (political science,sociology, history, cultural studies).
• being part of an international research team
• getting insights in our qualitative methodological approach and research findings
• receiving comments and support for your own research or plans
• laying the ground for possible joint projects and publications
• free choice of the term of your stay
• If you are an employed researcher, you do not have to arrange any contract changes
with your home university and will continue to receive your regular salary. We cover
your travel expenses, the costs of your apartment during your stay in Leipzig (guest
house Leipzig) and a lump sum for additional expenses (616 EUR for the first month
of your stay and 420 EUR for the second month)
• If you are an independent researcher, you receive 1.500 EUR per month and we
cover your travel expenses.
• MA degree, preferably in sociology, cultural studies, history, political science or
• relevant expertise on Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary or Romania
• interest in the rule of law
• fluency in English
We look forward to receiving your application including a letter of motivation and a CV until 15 August 2022.
Please send it in a single PDF-file to: Dr Lisa H. Anders