For our CPS-programme “Dealing with the Past and Peace Education in the Western Balkans” together with our partner organisation Megjashi – First Children’s Embassy in the World – we are looking for an International Peace Worker in Skopje/ Northern Macedonia – m/f/d
Fields of work:
As an integrated international peace worker you will support our local partner organisation in strengthening inter-ethnic relations in the country through anchoring peace education and nonviolent communication in the formal and non-formal educational system.
• Plan and implement the CPS-programme together with a local peace worker
• Support of trainings and workshops in nonviolent communication and peace education in schools
• Support in organising events, public relations and campaigns for peace education as well as of the compilation of publications
• Integration into the partner organisation’s team and adjustment to the partner organisation’s working conditions
• Support of internal processes such as programme development and organisational development (if desired)
• ensuring a proper and adequate application of funds and reporting as well as regular communication with the CPS regional coordinator and KURVE Wustrow in Germany
• contribution to ongoing conflict and security analyses related to the CPS work and close cooperation with other CPS-workers in the region
• where necessary, contributing to public relations and networking activities of KURVE Wustrow in Germany.
• University or a similar degree in peace and conflict studies, international relations, or another relevant field
• Sound knowledge and experience in the field of peacebuilding and civil conflict transformation
• Relevant training in nonviolent conflict transformation, mediation or a similar field
• Work experience with NGOs, preferably in international teams and/ or abroad
• Sound knowledge in the field of civil, nonviolent conflict transformation and peace education
• Relevant work experience in project management (incl. administration of funds)
• Knowledge in planning, monitoring and evaluation of peace projects
• Familiarity with web design, social media and public relations would be an asset
• Willingness for work stays in remote areas
• A respectful, interculturally sensitive attitude as well as high skills in self-reflection and a high level in flexibility and team spirit
• Capability to work independently, reliability and willingness for flexible working hours and dynamic work environment
• Knowledge of the context and/ or work experience in former Yugoslavia
• Professional command of English or knowledge of Macedonian (or the willingness to learn Macedonian).
We particularly invite people to apply who are structurally discriminated on different levels.
We offer a contract in accordance with the German law for development aid workers (only for EU-citizens) or a contract in alignment with the German law for development aid workers for citizens from other countries until 31 December 2026 (under the condition that the project will be prolonged by the BMZ after the end of 2024), including a three months preparation period in Germany expected to commence on 15 September 2023.
The conditions of the German law for development aid workers precludes the application and deployment of citizens of the deployment country.
For your application (in English) please use our ONLINE-application form by using the following code Balkan_IPW_Megjashi until 11 June 2023.
The job interview will take place in Wustrow (Wendland, Lower Saxony, Germany) on 29 June 2023 (or eventually online).
Weiterführende Informationen unter: https://www.kurvewustrow.org/stellenausschreibungen-im-zfd