Interdisciplinary Studies on Eastern Europe (English Option) is a master’s program at GiZo, which will prepare you for a career related to Eastern Europe and can be studied entirely in English.
Master of Arts degree
Consecutive 2-year master’s studies
Credits: 120 ECTS
50 CP major (Slavic Studies or Eastern European History)
two 20 CP study elements in either: Slavic Studies, Eastern European History, Political Science, or Sociology
30 CP master thesis in the major (interdisciplinary)
Profile, content, and methods of the master’s program:
– interdisciplinary cultural competence related to Eastern Europe as well as comprehensive methodological competencies in various fields
– an introduction to interdisciplinary East European research at the beginning of your studies
– an occupational and practical training through project work and internships with an international perspective
– research and teaching covering all regions of Eastern Europe
– the chronological breadth of teaching on Eastern Europe from the Middle Ages to the 21st century.